Please be aware that in order to operate the Blog or redistribute materials you post to the Blog or otherwise submit to us, we require certain rights in those materials. So, by posting to the Blog or otherwise transmitting comments, pieces, ideas or other information in any form including visual or audio data (collectively, “Submissions”) to us, you grant to us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable, assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right (including any moral rights) and license to use, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works based on, perform and display such Submissions (in whole or in part) in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, without compensation to you or any other provider of the Submissions. You also permit any Blogger to access, display, view, store and reproduce such Submissions for personal use.
You acknowledge that to the extent that you include personally identifiable information in Submissions, we may republish such information as part of the content.
Blog Community Rules. We have adopted the “Blog Community Rules” set forth below to create a forum where information and progressive views can be shared in a productive way. While using the Blog, you agree to adhere to the Blog Community Rules below.
You agree to:
• Respect other Bloggers – please do not threaten, insult, abuse, intimidate or harass other Blog users.
• Use the Blog for your personal use only. Posting entries solely to promote your own projects are not allowed.
You agree not to:
• Post any messages or provide links to any messages that endorse or oppose a PAC, a particular political party or a candidate for public office.
• Post any private information, or otherwise harvest, collect or disclose information, about another Blogger without his or her express consent.
• Post any content to the Blog that is unlawful, racist, hateful, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or that intentionally discriminates against or harasses particular individuals or groups.
• Post any death threats.
• Post any content to the Blog that infringes any third-party’s intellectual property or other rights.
• Use the Blog for any unlawful purpose, or transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Blog any material that would give rise to criminal or civil liability.
• Use the Blog for advertisements, chain letters, “spamming,” survey solicitations, junk mail or solicitations.
• Impersonate any person or entity, including any Center for American Progress employees, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity.
• Imply that Center for American Progress endorses any of your statements or positions.
• Transmit any harmful, invasive or disruptive code or other materials (such as viruses, worms or web bugs) through or to the Blog, or otherwise “hack” or deface any portion of the Blog.
• Frame or mirror any part of the Blog without our prior written authorization.
Information Available on or Through the Blog. Some information made available on or through the Blog is provided by third parties (such as news services) or other Bloggers (such information, “Third-Party Content”). The inclusion or appearance of Third-Party Content on the Blog does not indicate any approval or endorsement by CAP or TalkPoverty.org of such Third-Party Content, or of any opinion, advice, or other information made or displayed on the Blog by any user or other third party. CAPAF is not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any and all liability that may arise from Third-Party Content.