Individuals who share their story with us routinely have had their stories highlighted by policymakers and in the media:
- Eight contributors to our “Community Voices: Nutrition Assistance Matters” campaign joined Secretary Tom Vilsack for a private meeting and also participated in two briefings for Congressional staffers to discuss their experiences.
- Rep. Jim McGovern also read some of the story submissions from the campaign on the House floor.
- Asia Thompson, who shared her experience with nutrition assistance, was interviewed by the New York Times, the Times Leader (Wilkes-Barre), as well as two television stations based in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
- Ms. Matos, who wrote about how her criminal record has affected her family, was featured in ThinkProgress and was also a guest on TalkPoverty Radio.
- Story contributors have written or been featured in TalkPoverty pieces in support of our initiatives around a proposal to seal criminal records and offer a “clean slate,” housing affordability and the Earned Income Tax Credit.